Learn how to set up a successful yoga website that enables you to build a prominent online presence, create trust, and reach your existing and new students outside of the yoga studio.
Build your yoga website with WordPress is an interactive online course with three hours of short practical video lessons that break everything down into manageable tasks and show you how to build your yoga website from scratch.
This practical course includes checklists and workbooks to keep you on track so that you're building your website as you go through the course.
You’ll receive tried and tested strategies, step-by-step practical instructions and the support you need to set up your yoga website so that you can start earning money online and living the yoga teaching life you deserve.
Build your yoga website with WordPress features over five hours of content with six modules that each include short, practical video lessons.
"Digital Yoga Academy is literally the thing I'd been waiting for but didn't know was possible.
I knew I wanted to create a brand and a website but I didn't know where to start, so kept putting it off. It was SO easy to work through, and even better, because you're building it all yourself, you're learning how it all works at the same time. That knowledge is invaluable. It's literally the most comprehensive online learning I have ever done, and so user friendly.
To say I'm delighted with the results is an understatement. I have learnt so so much, but also have beautiful branding and an awesome website to show for it. Thank you for creating such an awesome programme."
Ruth Penfold, Yoga Teacher, London.
Over five hours of video lessons, workbooks and templates to get your website up and running in no time!
Here's what you'll learn:
MODULE 1: WHY YOU NEED A WEBSITE
- Learn why you need a website for your yoga business and why all successful yoga teachers have a website
MODULE 2: DOMAIN, HOSTING & INSTALL WORDPRESS
- Get started by busting the jargon of email marketing so that you understand the terms that we'll use throughout the course
- Learn how to go about choosing a domain name for your business and how to set it up
- Watch step by step as I show you how to create a hosting account and navigate the C Panel
- You'll install the WordPress software through your hosting account and configure a few basic Wordpress settings
- Finally, discover how to claim your own domain name business email address so that you can send emails that look official and professional!
MODULE 3: PLUGINS & THEMES
- Understand what plugins are and why you need plugins to add extra functionality to your WordPress website
- Learn how to install plugins and configure all of the settings that you need to ensure your plugins are working correctly
- Discover what a theme is and install the free version of Make to get you started with design of your website
- Deep dive into the theme settings to start configuring your theme before moving on to additional Wordpress settings once you're theme is installed
MODULE 4: MAILCHIMP & OPT IN
- Learn why you need email marketing in your yoga business and what to watch out for to ensure your campaigns always reach your subscriber's inbox.
- Watch and follow step by step how to set up a few Mailchimp account and get all the right settings in place
- Discover and correctly integrate your new MailChimp account with your Wordpress website
MODULE 5: WEBSITE STYLING
- Bring your website to life as you learn how to add your logo and brand colours across your site
- Explore the customisation settings and set your brand's typeface and fonts
- Start getting really creative by adding images and a header to your homepage and other pages across your site
MODULE 6: CONTENT, SEO & GO LIVE!
- Discover the secrets to engaging with your website visitors so that they resonate with you as a yoga teacher and your brand and go on to become your students
- Learn how to design the individual pages on your website using the Make theme's page builder tool
- Explore Wordpress's text editor options and settings and add your content to the pages on your site
- Understand what SEO is and what you need to do to ensure your website is searchable and found online
- Make final customisations and add functionality to the sidebar of your blog using widgets
- Go Live and tell the world you have a website!
Go to the Course Curriculum section below for more information.
Kelly McHugh is a yoga teacher, business coach and digital marketer who helps yoga teachers to learn how to effectively share their message and build their communities.
She's a pioneer of yoga business and marketing education, founding Digital Yoga Academy, an online platform that enhances the business and marketing skills of yoga teachers worldwide.
Before qualifying as a yoga teacher, Kelly spent 15+ years working in global businesses, agencies and tech start-ups, managing marketing teams and multi million pound budgets.
She's also the founder of Good Yoga Life, a successful retreat business that offers yoga retreats abroad.
Kelly is passionate about supporting yoga teachers to turn their passion and expertise into a successful yoga business.
"Since taking this course and getting my first website online, I’ve had so many enquiries from new students!
Kelly’s lessons are really easy to follow, she explains everything with immense clarity and shows you exactly what to do. She’s really given me the confidence to authentically put myself out there and I'm really enjoying creating new relationships with my students online! Thanks Kelly!"
Angela Cooper, Yoga Teacher, UK.